Monday, January 9, 2012

It's a New Year in New England

Yesterday I started off the 2012 show season at Jack Donigian's Milford Antiques Show in Milford, New Hampshire. I mentioned Jack's show in the last post (way back in October!?!) and it's better than ever. The hall was full, sellers and buyers both, and regardless of whether you are a seller or a buyer (or like most of us-- both) if you are in New England this is the place to be on a Sunday morning from mid-October through April 1. We were selling as soon as we started unloading the van, a little before 7 AM, and made our last inside sale within an hour of closing at noon. In fact, we were busy enough that I didn't have a chance to take any pictures until after 10 AM, and even then, only pictures of my own stand.

Be warned, there's a lot going on in this 3-1/2 hour (officially...) show, and a lot of very good, very fresh stuff changes hands. During the winter months, this is the only weekly, indoor, antiques market in New England, and I saw dealers I know from all five New England States, Quebec, New York, and New Jersey, and I even spotted an Alaska license plate there in the dealer parking, although I never did figure out whose van that was.

Here's some pix of my stand.








Come join us, get in on the fun!